Cultivating Food and Community: The De Soto Farmers' Market
The Saturday Morning place to be!
The De Soto Farmers' Market was started in 2009 by Get Healthy DeSoto, a local nonprofit that focuses on getting people in De Soto healthy. This project has grown into a great community attraction.
Our success is due to the support of the community, the City of DeSoto, MU Extension and the Jefferson County Health Department. It has taken many volunteers, heavy lifting, and hours of organizational meetings to get where we are, but the support we've received has made it all worth it.
Our market provides opportunities to socialize with neighbors, listen to musicians and buy local produce. We also host activities for kids and have local artisans and crafters on-site. By accepting EBT and debit cards, we are expanding our accessibility to everyone.
Come visit us, become our friend and enjoy the market.
All products sold at our market are produced within 75 miles of DeSoto.
- Fruits: blackberries, blueberries, strawberries, pears, melons, cantaloupe
- Vegetables: asparagus, beans, broccoli, carrots, cauliflower, collards, corn, cucumber, eggplant, kale, lettuce, okra, onions, peas, peppers, potatoes, rhubarb, spinach, squash, turnips
- Baked Goods: bread, pies, cakes, muffins, cookies
- Bedding Plants: annuals, perennials, shrubs, bulbs
- Meat: pork, beef, chicken, turkey
- Local Crafts: hand woven baskets, oil paintings, knitted and crochet articles, bird houses, wood carvings, quilts, soap, lotions